"This Heart is overflowing with kindness! It will protect you from opponent's attacks."
-Official Description from Mario Kart Tour
The Heart is a special item in the Mario Kart series that has appeared in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and Mario Kart Tour. While Peach is usually associated with hearts, this Special Item is shared by Daisy and Peach in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!. This is one of the few times Daisy is associated with hearts. As Petey Piranha and King Boo can carry all Special Items, they are also able to obtain the Heart.
When this item is used, two hearts will circle around the kart. The hearts protect the kart from two incoming items (except Blue Shells, Stars, Chain Chomps, Lightning, and Bob-omb explosions). If the player gets hit with an item, a heart will disappear and the player will be able to use the item.In Mario Kart Tour, special items make a reappearance. Like in Double Dash!!, the Heart is used by Daisy and Peach. But they now share the item with Wendy O. Koopa.
- Mario Kart: Double Dash!! is not the only game that associates Daisy with hearts:
- The Heart made it's first association with Daisy in Super Mario Land but was only used by Mario, the sole playable character. The Heart behaves in the same way as the 1-Up Mushroom, giving Mario an extra life. The developers chose a heart instead of a 1-Up Mushroom because the difference between a 1-Up mushroom and a Super Mushroom wouldn't be visible on the colorless Game Boy screen.
- There is also a heart on the back of her bike suit in Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8.
- A heart is visible in Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. She will use it in rhythmic ribbon if Csikós Post is chosen as music.
- She uses hearts in the 3DS version of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.