The Mario Strikers series, also known as the Mario Football series in Europe and Australia, and the Mario Soccer series in South Korea, is a series of Mario games in which Mario and his friends play Association football (commonly known as "football" or "soccer"). It is a Nintendo-exclusive series that launched its first game in 2005. The series only contains two games to date: Super Mario Strikers and Mario Strikers Charged. The game can be played from one to up to four players at one time. Mario Strikers Charged also features Wi-Fi capability. Princess Daisy is a default character in Super Mario Strikers and Mario Strikers Charged. Her team number is 9 in both instalments.
Super Mario Strikers
"Daisy uses quick and precise footwork to show off her abundance of talent. Daisy's witty attitude matches her playing style." -Daisy's site bio for Super Mario Strikers
Daisy appeared in Super Mario Strikers as a playable offensive captain. She starts in orange and her team number is 9. Her gear exists of two pieces: a jersey and shorts. She also wears soccer shoes. Her super strike is called the Torpedo Strike. When she performs it, little Daisy emblems can be seen behind the ball. Daisy's stadium is called The Palace, which has a seating capacity of 15,000 people.
Mario Strikers Charged
"Daisy is a defensive powerhouse, fast and physical. Her crystal ability can shield her efforts and devastate opponents." -Daisy's site bio for Mario Strikers Charged
Princess Daisy appeared in Mario Strikers Charged Football as a Defensive character type with high Movement (which affects her movement speed) and Defence (which determines her defensive capabilities on the field) but low Shooting and Passing ability. She starts again in orange with her team number again being 9. This time, she has an alternate viridian green-coloured gear. Just like in Super Mario Strikers, Daisy says "Daisy!" when she is selected, however most of the voices are recycled from Mario Kart 8, including Daisy's, and she was voiced by Deanna Mustard in that game. Daisy has also been given new voice clips specifically for the game. Her gear seems to reference to the gear in the first instalment, but therefore has added armour during the game. Like in other Mario instalments, Daisy has alternate colours, which can be chosen as lime-green, red, lavender, cyan, chartreuse yellow, blue, turquoise, navy-blue, indigo, violet, fuchsia, green, purple, pink, white and black.
Daisy has her own Super Ability, Crystal Smash!, which covers the surrounding ground with sharp orange crystals, blasting away anyone in the range, while her Crystallized Daisy Mega Strike involves her shooting into the air and generating a crystal gauntlet on one of her arms, which she uses to punch the ball towards the goal. In the game's Striker Challenge Mode, Daisy faces against both Peach and Waluigi. She then battles Peach to take the Star Cup championship, and she takes on Waluigi to see if she can get the Brick Wall award for an unprecedented fifth straight year.
References To Other Instalments
- Super Mario Strikers: Daisy's team number was 9 for the first time in the series.
- Super Dragon Smash Bros. Brawl: Daisy's striker gear was introduced.
- Mario Strikers Charged: Daisy has a viridian-coloured gear.
References In Later Instalments
- Super Dragon Smash Bros. Ultimate: Daisy's striker gear was used in all modes.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Waluigi from Mario Strikers appears as a spirit.
- Mario Kart 8: Daisy's various voice clips get reused from this game.
- Deanna Mustard, Daisy's voice actress, said in an interview that she liked the Mario Strikers games because Daisy's personality shines through in these games.
- The first voice by Deanna Mustard was in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.
- Daisy has a 100% chance of screaming, "Whoa-OHHHHHHH!! YEAAAAH!!!" if she uses her Crystal Smash! ability near the goalie. This may possibly be a similar voice clip, as the clip that plays seems to be a very happy and positive reaction (It was first used in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! when Daisy would go through a cannon in DK Mountain or Rainbow Road) where "crystal goalie smash" is supposed to be a negative event.
- Mario Strikers Charged was the first instalment to show Daisy with crystal abilities.
- Daisy is the only team captain, who has a light blue Birdo on her team (only while in her alternate gear).
- Daisy is one of the two fastest characters in the game with the other being Waluigi. She is powerful and the most strongest characters in the Mario games.
- Super Mario Land is the first appearance that Daisy has also appeared.
- Daisy's gear from Mario Strikers Charged was seen for the second time in Super Smash Bros. Brawl on her trophy. This also shows about Daisy's appearances from the Mario games.